Head Office and Regional Roles
Our head office is located in Edgbaston, Birmingham and we have Five regional offices located around the country. We also have a glazing and distribution house, Mersona, based in Halesowen.
Our key support functions are based at head office including marketing, finance, IT, customer services and HR. Our regional offices provide administrative support to our network of branches along with mobile roles such as training and business development managers.
Scrivens can offer real career development for the right candidate.
Please keep an eye on this page for any upcoming vacancies.
Purpose of the Role
To be responsible for the overall management of the Company’s commercial, residential and investment portfolio to satisfy the requirements of the Board of Directors, to preserve the value and integrity of the portfolio and to meet all financial objectives.
The current portfolio comprises 180 retail stores, 6 residential flats and 12 investment properties
There will be a minimum three-month handover period with the current Property Manager.
To develop and support the Company’s property portfolio strategy by;
- Negotiating rent reviews and lease renewals
- Monitoring all service charges and third party insurance invoices and challenge landlords when levels are inaccurate, do not reflect the terms of the lease or are unsustainable
- Acquisition and disposal of leases as required for the needs of the business
- Negotiating dilapidations at lease expiry
- Preparing annual budget statements
- Preparing monthly Board reports
- Managing the investment portfolio to maximise yield and value
- Liaising with the Health & Safety Officer to ensure compliance with regulations to minimise risks to customers and staff
- Maintaining an accurate and up to date property management database
- Maintaining compliance with ESOS
- Overseeing the companies rateable value negotiations
- Ideally 5 years+ MRICS qualified with experience of a multi-site retail organisation
- Experience of lease renewal & rent review negotiations with a good grasp of the L&T 1954 Act
- A strong negotiator with commercial acumen
- Able to communicate thoughtfully and with precision (written & verbal)
- Tenacious, driven, pragmatic and a good problem solver
- Ability to influence senior managers and stakeholders
- Full UK driving licence
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK
- Willing to travel with some overnight stays