Are you experiencing eye strain on a regular basis? If so, you may need an eye test at your local opticians. At Scrivens, we have a team of specialists who will be able to offer professional advice if you are experiencing any eye strain symptoms. Additionally, if you regularly work on computers, it’s likely your eyes will become store and eye strain will become more noticeable. If this is the case, we would recommend you get an eye test as soon as possible in order to eliminate any potential problems.
Some symptoms can include:
- Dry, sore, tired eyes
- Watering eyes
- Re-occurring headaches
- Difficulty reading or focusing on your screen
- Noticeable pain or discomfort in the eyes
- Blurred vision or twitching
If you have noticed anything different with your eyesight or are experiencing any of the listed eye strain symptoms, it’s advised you speak to an optician. Find your nearest Scrivens branch and speak to a member of our team who will able to assist with any concerns you may have.
Computer eye strain
We are putting our eyes under constant pressure when we regularly work on computer screens, increasing the risk of eye strain and causing considerable discomfort. There are ways we can reduce the risk of eye strain if you follow the below steps:
- Consider the lighting in your work environment – how is your office lit? If your place of work has harsh lighting and you work on a computer screen, the reflection can cause considerable eye strain. Additionally, your monitor brightness will also have an impact if your office has poor lighting, causing you to intensely focus on your screen. Binds or curtains will also make a difference to excessive sunlight.
- Take a time out – taking five or ten minutes away from your screen will be beneficial for your eyes, ensuring you have a break from staring at your screen and therefore reducing the chance of eye strain.
- Have regular eye tests – make sure you are monitoring your eye health with regular eye tests. Your optometrist will be able to offer advice when it comes to eyecare and can monitor your eyes for any signs of potential problems. They will also provide guidance when it comes to the best way to look after your eyes as well as what lenses are right for you.
To book an eye test with Scrivens, find your nearest branch here.