I think my ears are blocked with wax
- Book an appointment with your hearing aid audiologist or GP for advice
- Alternatively, over the counter oil based remedies can help. Please read and follow advice and instructions on the packaging
- When using an oil based treatment on your ears it is best to either not wear your hearing aids at all or use the treatment at night and do not put your hearing aids in until the morning.
- Rinsing your ear canals with water when in the shower can also help reduce wax build up
- As the oil or water is absorbed by the wax it can expand making your ear temporarily feel more blocked, this is not something to be worried about.
- Using cotton buds is more likely to block your ears than unblock them! Do not use them in your ears!