What should I do if I have a concern about my eyes?

If you have any concerns about your eyes you should contact us. We are here to help.
If you experience sudden onset of any of the following symptoms you should contact us as soon as you can:
• loss of vision
• blurred vision
• pain with or without discharge
• light sensitivity
• double vision
• flashes of light in your vision
• disturbances in your vision
• new floating bits in your vision

If you have sudden onset loss of vision or double vision outside normal working hours please contact NHS 111 or your local hospital A&E department for advice. Do not ignore these symptoms or wait until after the Covid-19 situation has eased.

If you have a hearing loss or are Deaf, then you should call

England – NHS 111 (BSL) interpreter service
Wales –NHS 111 Wales BSL service
or 18001 111 on a textphone.

If you are looking for general information about your eyes from a trusted source, the NHS recommends the  College of Optometrists, website https://lookafteryoureyes.org/. This is a very useful and evidence-based resource and free to access.