Blocks 100% UVA and UVB Filters harmful blue light indoors & outdoors1
Transitions Optical has been pioneering light management for 30 years. They understand that you want to protect your eyes from harmful light and be comfortable. Their lenses automatically adapt to changing light to ensure you have the best possible vision in all light conditions, so you don’t have to strain your eyes or switch to a pair of prescription sunglasses.
At Scrivens, we offer ‘Transitions® Signature® GEN 8™’. This is the latest lens within the Transitions range, utilising breakthrough technology. They provide the ultimate eye protection, blocking 100% of UVA and UVB rays and even faster activation and fade back of lens darkness.
You can also choose from 3 different lens colours: grey, brown and graphite green.
Transitions® XTRActive® new generation are the best for wearers who are very light sensitive or frequently exposed to bright light.
The lenses deliver the best extra darkness and the best extra light protection2 from intense light indoors and outdoors, even in the car. They are the darkest in hot temperatures3 and in the car4, and clear with a hint of protective tint indoors. They block 100% of UVA and UVB rays and filter harmful light indoors and outdoors5.
Currently available in 3 colours: grey, brown and graphite green.
1. Transitions Signature GEN 8 block at least 20% of harmful blue light indoors and over 87% of harmful blue light outdoors. “Harmful blue light” is calculated between 380nm and 460nm.
2. Transitions XTRActive new generation: the darkest in hot temperatures and in the car, achieving maximum darkness (category 3 levels) @23°C and offering the best overall blue light protection across light situations among clear to extra dark photochromic lenses.
3. Clear to extra dark photochromic category. Polycarbonate and 1.5 grey lenses tested at 35°C achieving <18%T using Transitions Optical’s standard testing method.
4. Clear to extra dark photochromic category. Polycarbonate and 1.5 grey lenses tested at 23°C behind the windshield achieving between 18%T and 43%T.
5. Transitions XTRActive new generation block up to 34% of harmful blue light indoors and up to 90% of harmful blue light outdoors. “Harmful blue light” is calculated between 380nm and 460nm. Based on tests on polycarbonates grey lenses at 23ºC.
Transitions, Transitions Signature and XTRActive are registered trademarks, the Transitions logo and Light Intelligent Lenses are trademarks of Transitions Optical, Inc. used under licence by Transitions Optical Limited. GEN 8 is a trademark of Transitions Optical Limited. © 2022 Transitions Optical Limited. Photochromic performance is influenced by temperature, UV exposure and lens material.