Scrivens Opticians and Hearing Care is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users while providing the highest possible quality of service. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998). We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so. We may, however, use your personal information to send you promotional offers relating to our service. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices please contact us on the email address at the bottom of the page.
We collect the information you supply to us through our contact forms, and every time you e-mail us. We also collect information automatically about your visit to our site. The information obtained in this way, which includes browsing patterns, is only used in aggregate form, and as such cannot be used to identify you. This aggregate information is used to aid strategic development and audit usage of the site.
We process personal information collected via the Scrivens Opticians and Hearing Care web site for the purposes of providing the best possible service and providing you with information about the services we offer.
Cookies are small files saved to the users’ computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the users’ interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should the take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Professional services (ophthalmic and dispensing services) are provided by Scrivens Ltd and are exempt from VAT. Optical products are supplied by Scrivens Eyewear Ltd and include VAT at the standard rate.
All Hearing Aid Audiologists are employed by Scrivens Ltd and are registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.
Click & Collect terms & conditions for designer frames
- Up to ten frames can be reserved per transaction
- The cost quoted online are for the frames only. There will be additional costs for lenses, please ask in branch for more information on our range of lens prices
- By reserving a frame online you are not committing to purchase. Your statutory rights are not affected
- Any refund of the reservation fee will be to the credit/debit card used in the original transaction. We are not able to refund in branch
- If you are unable to attend your chosen branch to try on the frames you have reserved, they will be kept at the branch for 7 days and then returned to our central warehouse. At this point the £10 reservation fee will be refunded
- If you change your mind about the product(s) you have reserved please contact our Customer Care team on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0800 626 427
- Scrivens Opticians reserves the right to amend online prices without notice
Proguard Hearing Protection
Due to the custom nature of these products it is not possible to refund payment once they have been manufactured. If you do wish to cancel your order you can use the contact us page or call 0800 626 427 within 48 hours of placing your order.
Providing the products ordered have not been manufactured we will give you a full refund of the amount paid.
Gift Voucher Terms & Conditions
- The vouchers entitle the bearer to discount off glasses, contact lenses and hearing aids at any branch of Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care within the UK equal to the amount specified on the voucher.
- Purchases of a higher value can be made upon payment of the difference.
- Vouchers may not be exchanged for cash and no change will be given.
Essential Care Terms & Conditions
- Essential Care provides all your hearing aid batteries and wax filters sent direct to your home twice a year.
- Once your Essential Care membership has been processed we will send you your first 6 months supply of batteries and wax filters.
- Where rechargeable hearing aids have been purchased, replacement batteries will be sent after one year.
- If you require additional batteries, wax filters, slim tubes or domes please call Scrivens Customer Care team free on 0800 626 427 or by emailing email@example.com
- Essential Care will continue for a minimum period of 12 months. You may be liable to further payments if your agreement is terminated within the first 12 months after joining.
- If you are not entirely satisfied, you may cancel your scheme within 30 days of the date of this agreement. You will need to return all batteries and wax filters unopened to receive a full refund of the amount paid. If you are unable to return any individual item unopened or choose not to return any item, there may be a charge of up to £15 per aid covered, to reflect the loss in value of the item to us.
- Membership of Essential Care is subject to you having paid the required premium. If you fail to make payment, the agreement will be terminated without refund.
- Membership of Essential Care is specifically for the benefit of the member and the hearing aids listed. The schemes may not be transferred to any other person but may be transferred to new hearing aid(s) purchased from Scrivens Hearing Care.
- Following the minimum period, your agreement will continue until terminated in writing by either party giving one month’s notice of cancellation.
- Prices are subject to review from time to time, but you will be notified in writing in advance of any price changes taking effect.
- You should notify us of any change of address or contact telephone number. Any changes that are required to the scheme should be confirmed in writing by the member.
- Our aim, at all times, is to provide a first class standard of service. Should you have any query or complaint regarding Essential Care, please contact the Customer Care team at the address below.
- Your statutory rights are not affected by these procedures.