Spectacular summer of festivals
Post on 2nd July 2015
With a number of festivals kicking off this month, check-out our ‘spec-tacular’ festival guide.
All we’d urge is that you protect your hearing, especially the delicate hearing of younger festival goers!
1. Cornbury 10 -12 July, The Great Tew Park, Oxfordshire: An eclectic and eccentric musical carnival – a dynamic summer festival disguised as a country fayre.
2. Latitude 16 – 19 July, Henham Park, Suffolk: An established festival that features an eclectic range of music and also features elements of theatre, art, comedy, cabaret, poetry, politics, dance and literature.
3. Somersault 23 – 27 July, Castle Hill, North Devon: A popular family favourite where music, adventure and outdoor living come together. As well as headline acts, the festival features a nanny service, puppet storytelling, circus skills workshop, singing storytellers and much more.
4. Cloudspotting Festival 24 – 26 July, Stephen Park, Gisburn Forest, Lancashire: A long summer weekend retreat in its 5th year. It is family friendly – but by no means family exclusive – and is a classic combination of music, lovely food and drink and fun activities in a stunning location.
5. Camp Bestival 30 July – 2 August, Lulworth Castle, Dorset: The ‘little sister’ of Bestival, both organised by BBC Radio 1 DJ Rob Da Bank. It is targeted at families with small children and has won the Best Family Festival in 2014.
6. Sidmouth Folk Week 31 July – 7 August, Sidmouth, East Devon: A week-long seaside celebration of music, dance and song. Features major league concerts to small intimate sessions, from ceilidh dancing to lively roots parties, from family entertainment to youth-centred masterclasses, from social dance to colourful dance displays.
7. Beautiful Days 21 – 23 August, Escot Park, Devon: The Levellers’ family music festival with six stages, site art, a huge children’s area, comedy, theatre, family camping, licensed real ale bars from Otter Brewery and a great choice of food and craft stalls
8. Sunshine 28 – 30 August, Upton upon Severn, Worcestershire: In it’s 6th year, Sunshine is a family music festival that includes a lot of bouncy fun and features an entirely inflatable village.
9. Moseley Folk Festival 4 – 6 September, Moseley Park, Birmingham: In its 10th year, this family friendly festival in the heart of Moseley Village provides a healthy mix of traditional, contemporary and downright experimental folk and acoustic music.
10. Bestival – 10-13 September, Robin Hill Country Park, Isle of Wight: From the most original boutique campsite experience, to the Bollywood Cocktail Bar, a Wishing Tree Stage, fancy dress en-masse and even a landlocked Port, it’s this that makes Bestival the perfect end of Festival season destination.
To find out more about protecting your hearing and that of your children, please click here.